The 3rd National Seminar promoted, by AIMMP, under the Goodwood project took place, on November 18th, in an innovative format of online conference through the use of televisive production equipment and web transmission for more than 80 participants.
The 3rd National Seminar was dedicated to the theme “The importance of reorganizing production and management of companies in the wood and furniture sector”. In this context, the agenda comprised the following topics:
- Identify the opportunities for innovation in the sector, in an exercise carried out by the Professor Carlos Brito of Universidade Portucalense;
- Financial sustainability and financing strategies for the sector, by the Professor Luis Krug Pacheco of Católica Porto Business School;
- Social dialogue in the context of the Green New Deal by Patrizio Antonicoli, former Secretary General of Cei-Bois;
- Digitization and i4.0 by João Lisboa from Schuler Consulting GmbH;
- Social dialogue in the wood and furniture sector by Joaquim Martins, General-secretary of SETACCOP;
- CNUF (R) Certification - Ecological Coffin by Vítor Poças, President of the Board of AIMMP, as an example of social dialogue in the wood and furniture industry
- Qualify Wood and Furniture - New project from aimmp to promote a more competitive sector, by Joana Nunes.
- Improve the image and attractiveness of the sector as a way to attract and retain talent by Catarina Domingos from IPAM.
As key points drawn from the interventions carried out, the following can be highlighted:
- The impulse, brought by the pandemic of the new coronavirus, for the digitalization of the economy in general and the opportunities that come from it for the wood and furniture sector and its modernization.
- The need to train, inform and increase skills, at all levels of business structures, from management to production, was raised as a critical point for the sustained growth of the sector, in a tone of increasing economic intelligence and financial sustainability of companies.
- The importance of the wood and furniture industry in pursuing the objectives outlined in the Green New Deal, for a circular and ecological economy, in the creation of wealth based on the development of innovative and environmentally friendly products, in line with social dialogue and the creation of opportunities for personal and organizational development.
- The digitization of operations and processes at the industrial level, as well as the introduction of industry 4.0 solutions, is of enormous value for the improvement of well-being and working conditions in the sector. The digitization process brings job opportunities, more professional and specialized, with less prevalence of the physical component of the operator.